Our Flickr Page!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from bookgirl9199. Make your own badge here.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

"Mom, Let Me Do It!"



I think one of the best things about bringing kids to the library is watching them pick out their own books.  I know that there are many opinions out there regarding sticking to a certain reading level or genre of books, but I really encourage parents to allow their children to choose on their own.  I remember my own son wanting to check out a Harry Potter book when he was in preschool.  We took it home, he listened for about 20 minutes, and decided instead on Harold and the Purple Crayon.  However, I think the act of letting him decide for himself made him understand that books provide an open world and that the library is really his library. 

And remember, if you ever need any help finding something...I know all the books!

~Miss Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment