Our Flickr Page!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from bookgirl9199. Make your own badge here.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Attention Moms

Although I talk mostly children's books on our blog, I wanted to let you in on a little secret.  You deserve to enjoy a good book of your own!  I applaud all parents out there who are reading to their little ones, but sometimes we forget to tend to our own literary needs.  I often have people ask me about what books I've read lately, and often times they are surprised at my answer.  I love YA.  Young Adult.  Seriously!  You have to give this genre a try.  Some of the best books that I've read are written for a teen audience.  You can find anything from romance to coming-of-age, mystery to dystopian worlds, fantasy to humor.  I don't tend to read the "teeny-bop" stuff, but if you haven't checked out these books, you really should.

I have to cut this list short, as I'll go on for pages and pages, but here are a few of my favorites:

The book thief / by Markus Zusak.

Shiver / Maggie Stiefvater.

An abundance of Katherines / John Green.

Between shades of gray / Ruta Sepetys.

The rock and the river / Kekla Magoon.

Revolution / Jennifer Donnelly.

Wintergirls / Laurie Halse Anderson.

No comments:

Post a Comment