Our Flickr Page!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from bookgirl9199. Make your own badge here.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

First Day Jitters


Here we are at the end of August and many of you have watched your little ones go off on the school bus today. I sent my oldest off to his first year of middle school, and my youngest to first grade. Talk about a rough morning! It's very hard to watch them grow up so quickly, but the flip side is that I get to enjoy all of the little ones that come to library programs during the day! I've been working hard over the summer to get things ready for fall events, and I'm hoping that you and your children will enjoy them as much as I do! I wanted to share with you a book that we recently bought for the library, and that my first grader and I have been laughing over for the past few days. It's called "Interrupting Chicken" by the wonderful David Ezra Stein. This tale has Grandpa Chicken trying desperately to calm his young grand-chicken with a bedtime story. Each time he starts a new book, such as Hansel and Gretel or Chicken Little, the youngster shouts the ending. This is one of the best read-alouds that I've come across in awhile, and my son asked for it to be repeated over and over. I can't wait to share it in storytime, and I hope that you'll stop in and check it out for yourself!

1 comment: