Our Flickr Page!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from bookgirl9199. Make your own badge here.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010




Is there a book that you will always remember from your childhood? One that instantly transports you back to a time when you weren't Mom or Dad, but simply a kid? I actually hate the question, "What is your favorite children's book?" because it feels like choosing my favorite kid. Some of the ones that stick out most are Curious George Goes to the Hospital, Harry the Dirty Dog, Island of the Blue Dolphins, all of Judy Blume and Beverly Cleary, The Witch of Blackbird Pond, and The Secret Garden. Being a Children's Librarian, I think my list of favorites changes on a daily basis. What are some of your favorites??

3 comments:

  1. Two of my favorites are "A Hole is to Dig" and "Anne of Green Gables".

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Trouble with Tuck by Theodore Taylor is my hands down all-time favorite book EVER from my childhood. It's the story of a young girl, Helen, who receives a puppy (Tuck)from her parents in the hope that it will help her to become a little more outgoing and confident. As they grow up, Tuck actually saves her life a couple of times. When he gets older, he starts to go blind, but Helen refuses to put him to sleep as everyone tells her she should. Instead, she comes up with a brillant idea to help him out. (I don't want to give anything away.) Read it! I still cry whenever I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Behind the Attic Wall by Sylvia Cassidy and The Little House. Oh, those two are some of my favorites. Oh and all things LM Montgomery!!

    ReplyDelete